Salary: £11.50-£13 per hour PLUS tips, bonus & perks
Food & Beverage Floor Supervisor
About us: Feel truly valued and fulfilled working with a great team delivering high quality client experience for members, hotel guests, diners, wedding guests and spa clients.
Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa is an award-winning private members club, hotel, spa and wedding venue setting the bar for hospitality & leisure in Sussex. We are pleased to be recruiting for an experienced Full-Time F&B Floor Supervisor to lead each shift with a hands-on approach within The F&B service areas.
Our talented team of chefs produce Silver Star AA Rosette rated dishes, which are served by our Bar & Waiting Staff within our award-winning Glass House Restaurant as well as our Members Bar & Lounge and Wedding & Events Suite. Exciting plans to build luxury woodland accommodation, and further enhance our state of the art spa and fitness facilities will begin in Autumn 2022. In particular, we are looking for passionate team players that are excited by the prospect of helping to create something truly special.
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location and our operating hours, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieved the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, Silver Star AA rated (working towards Red Star rating).
Brief Over View Of Duties: As part of the Food & Beverage department, you’ll be an integral member of the team providing high-end, personalised and memorable dining experiences for all clients whilst guiding your team and developing your leadership skills
· Assuming responsibility for the smooth running of each and every shift
· Attending and hosting briefs and de-briefs
· Organising daily duties and allocating staff to appropriate service areas
· Prepare and maintain front of house and back of house areas to a high standard
· Ensuring the team are motivated to deliver services to the required standard of excellence
· Opening and closing all Food & Beverage areas, including End of Day cash ups
· Assisting with ordering and stock control
· Reaching and exceeding personal and departmental targets
· Ensure guests receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
· Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating members’ and guests needs
· Communicating all operational duties and feedback to line-Manager
· Dealing with clients’ observations and feedback with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
· Motivate your team-mates to be the best they can be
· Upsell and cross-sell
· Demonstrate flexibility with shift patterns in line with the business needs
Key attributes we are looking for;
· Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
· Do you have excellent attention to detail?
· Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
· Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
· Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
· Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills?
· Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Front of House Supervisory position
· Flexibility to work daytimes, evenings and weekends
· Experience delivering and/or overseeing Weddings & Events
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· High standard of personal appearance & hygiene
· Professional attitude at all times
· Lead by example with a hands-on approach
· Proven track record of leading and developing a team
· Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met
· Personal Licence, Food Hygiene, First Aid and Fire Safety qualifications preferred but not essential
Excellent Package on Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Share of Tips
- 1 weekend off per month
- Birthday and Employment Anniversary gift
- 28 days holiday (Pro rata)
- Paid breaks
- Free parking
- Freshly made meal on shift
- All expenses paid Christmas party, motivational talks and summer social
- Genuine investment in your personal development
- Discounts on membership, treatments, club event tickets, food & drink (passed probation)
- Staff quarterly bonus (passed probation)
- Access to gym and exercise classes (subject to availability)
- Extended leave programme (2+ years of service)
Awards & accolades we have secured in the past few years:
· AA Silver Star Rating 2021-2022 – working towards Red Star rating
· 1 AA rosette – Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 22
· Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 (Sussex Life)
· Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019
If you would like to join our Red Star journey to the top, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
If you would like to join our journey to the top, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Jasmine Green via firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering email and your CV if available. Please note your own transport is essential due to our operating hours and location.