Salary: £38K OTE
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Floor-Based)
About us: Feel truly valued and fulfilled working with a great team delivering high quality client experience for members, hotel guests, diners, wedding guests and spa clients.
Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa is an award-winning private members club, hotel, spa and wedding venue setting the bar for hospitality & leisure in Sussex. We are pleased to be recruiting for an experienced Full-Time F&B Manager to lead each shift with a hands-on approach within The F&B service areas and to develop the team in preparation for an extensive expansion to the venue and its' services.
Our talented team of chefs produce Silver Star AA Rosette rated dishes, which are served by our Bar & Waiting Staff within our award-winning Glass House Restaurant as well as our Members Bar & Lounge and Wedding & Events Suite. Exciting plans to build luxury woodland accommodation, and further enhance our state of the art spa and fitness facilities will begin in Autumn 2022. In particular, we are looking for passionate team players that are excited by the prospect of helping to create something truly special and have a proven-track record of developing teams and future leaders.
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location and operating hours, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieved the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, Silver Star AA rated (working towards Red Star rating).
Brief Over View Of Duties: As the face of the Front of House Team, you will be responsible for motivating, training and leading the front of house team to achieve an exceptional client and team experience, whilst assisting the F&B Manager to grow the department in line with the broader business plan.
· Assuming responsibility for the Front of House team and their performance
· Attending and hosting periodic Front of House meetings, and daily briefs and de-briefs
· Attending Management Meetings and communicating all relevant information to the Front of House Team
· Organising daily duties, assisting with rotas and allocating staff to appropriate service areas
· Oversee the training and development of each and every team member, with support from the Floor Supervisors
· Helping to set the bar for all procedures and standards, and communicating these to the team
· Ensuring the team are motivated to deliver services to the required standard of excellence
· Opening and closing all Food & Beverage areas, including End of Day cash ups
· Assisting with ordering and stock control
· Reaching and exceeding personal and departmental targets
· Using a hands on approach to ensure clients receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
· Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating clients needs
· Communicating all operational duties and feedback to F&B Manager/Duty Manager
· Dealing with clients’ and team members' observations and feedback with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
· Some admin duties relating to reservations, client feedback and team development
· Demonstrate flexibility with shift patterns in line with the business needs
· Assisting the F&B Manager to operate in a cost-effective manner
Key attributes we are looking for;
· Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
· Do you have excellent attention to detail?
· Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
· Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
· Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
· Do you have a proven track record demonstrating excellent leadership skills?
· Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Front of House Management position
· Flexibility to work daytimes, evenings and weekends
· Experience delivering and overseeing Weddings & Events
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· Excellent leadership and motivational skills
· High standard of personal appearance & hygiene
· Professional attitude at all times
· Lead by example with a hands-on approach, supporting the team in service
· Proven track record of leading and developing a team
· Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met
· Personal Licence, Food Hygiene, First Aid and Fire Safety qualifications preferred but not essential
Excellent Package on Offer:
· Competitive Salary £35K plus bonuses, tips and perks (£38K OTE)
· 28 days holiday (Pro rata)
· Paid break
· Freshly made meals on duty
· Nest pension scheme
· All expenses paid Christmas party, motivational talks and summer social
· Genuine investment in your personal development
· Access to our Leadership Development programme
· Discounts on membership, treatments, club event tickets, food & drink
· Staff quarterly bonus
· Access to gym and exercise classes during off-peak periods
· Extended leave programme (2+ years of service)
Awards & accolades we have secured in the past few years:
· AA Silver Star Rating 2021-2022 – working towards Red Star rating
· 1 AA rosette – Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 22
· Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 (Sussex Life)
· Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019
How to apply:
If you would like to join our journey to the top, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Jason Musk via email@example.com, with a covering email and your CV if available. Please note your own transport is essential due to our location.