Salary: £10- £13 per hour PLUS tips
Bar & Waiting Assistants - Full and Part Time
About us: Our talented team of chefs produce Silver Star AA Rosette rated dishes, which are served by our Bar & Waiting Staff within our award-winning Glass House Restaurant as well as our Members Bar & Lounge and Wedding & Events Suite. Exciting plans to build luxury woodland accommodation, and further enhance our state of the art spa and fitness facilities will begin in Autumn 2022. In particular, we are looking for passionate team players that are excited by the prospect of helping to create something truly special.
The company objective is to set the bar for hospitality and leisure in Sussex and the strategy to achieve this is to ensure we are always providing a consistent exceptional customer AND team experience.
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location and operating hours, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieved the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, Silver Star AA rated (working towards Red Star rating).
Brief overview of duties: As part of the Food & Beverage department, you’ll be an integral part of the team providing high-end, personalised and memorable dining experiences.
- Deliver all services the required standard of excellence
- Reaching and exceeding personal and departmental targets
- Prepare and maintain front of house and back of house areas to a high standard
- Ensure guests receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
- Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating members’ and guests’ needs
- Communicating all operational duties and feedback to Restaurant Manager
- Dealing with clients’ and team members observations with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
- Supporting the Restaurant Manager in the smooth running of each and every shift
- Motivate your team-mates to be the best they can be
- Upsell and cross-sell
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
- Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
- Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
- Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills?
- Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
- Minimum 1 years experience in a Front of House position
- High standard of personal appearance & hygiene
- Professional and positive attitude at all times
- Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential
Excellent package on offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Share of Tips
- 1 weekend off per month
- Birthday and Employment Anniversary gift
- 28 days holiday (Pro rata)
- Paid breaks
- Free parking
- Freshly made meal on shift
- All expenses paid Christmas party, motivational talks and summer social
- Genuine investment in your personal development
- Discounts on membership, treatments, club event tickets, food & drink (passed probation)
- Staff quarterly bonus (passed probation)
- Access to gym and exercise classes (subject to availability)
- Extended leave programme (2+ years of service)
Job type: part-time, full-time, temporary, permanent
How to apply:
If you would like to be part of our team please contact Jasmine via firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering email and your CV, references will also be required. Please note your own transport is essential due to our location.