Salary: £10.42- £11.25 per hour PLUS tips & perks
Bar & Waiting Assistants - Full and Part Time
About us: Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa is a high-end boutique venue and private members' club. Currently The Food & Beverage Department at Wickwoods offers a variety of different casual and formal dining environments and services, notably The award-winning Glass House Restaurant, Members Bar & Lounge, Terraces, Wedding & Events. Wickwoods private members facilities also include newly built/refurbished indoor & outdoor hydro-pools, sauna, steam room, bio sauna, swimming pools, hotel accommodation, award-winning treatments, sports injury clinic, and beautiful gardens. There is also a newly fitted gym, 3 exercise studio's and 8 multi-surface tennis courts. We are proud to have recently joined the David Lloyd Clubs family and are excited in the future investment and development opportunities, to further enhance our reputation within the hospitality, health, fitness and wellbeing industry!
Wickwoods objective simply put is to be the best and the strategy to achieve this is to ensure we are always providing a consistently exceptional customer and team experience.
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieved the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, Silver Star AA rated (aspiring towards Red Star rating and additional Rosettes).
We are recruiting for Bar & Waiting Staff to join our friendly team on an 40 hour per week contract, with overtime available during staff holiday and sickness. Shifts include a mixture of daytimes, evenings and weekends. The department operates between 7.30am and 1.30am, therefore flexibility with availability is preferred.
Brief overview of duties: As part of the Food & Beverage department, you’ll be an integral part of the team providing high-end, personalised and memorable dining experiences in our 1AA Rosette rated restaurant, Wedding & Events Suite and Members Bar & Lounge.
- Deliver all services the required standard of excellence
- Reaching and exceeding personal and departmental targets
- Prepare and maintain front of house and back of house areas to a high standard
- Ensure guests receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
- Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating members’ and guests’ needs
- Communicating all operational duties and feedback to Restaurant Manager
- Dealing with clients’ and team members observations with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
- Supporting the Restaurant Manager in the smooth running of each and every shift
- Motivate your team-mates to be the best they can be
- Upsell and cross-sell
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
- Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
- Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
- Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills?
- Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
- Minimum 1 years experience in a Front of House position
- High standard of personal appearance & hygiene
- Professional and positive attitude at all times
- Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential
Excellent package on offer:
-Share of tips
-Free Club Membership* for you and your family
-Discounts on our products such as Swimming / Tennis Lessons and Personal Training.
-Unlimited 50% discount on food and drinks
-Free parking on-site
-Free meal on duty
-Discounts on club event tickets, spa treatments and spa products
-Extended Leave programme (2+ years of service)
-Opportunity for advancement and career progression
-Flexible Shift Patterns / Majority of shifts are straight not split!
-Learning and Development Opportunities
-Wagestream App allowing you to be paid on demand
-Benefits Suite including Life Assurance and Employee Advice Line
Job type: part-time, full-time, temporary, permanent
How to apply:
If you would like to be part of our team please contact Jasmine via email@example.com with a covering email and your CV, references will also be required. Please note your own transport is essential due to our location.