Salary: £9.50-£10 per hour PLUS perks
Casual Receptionist - Weekends and Holiday Cover
About us: Feel truly valued and fulfilled working with a great team delivering high quality client experience for members, hotel guests, diners, wedding guests and spa clients.
Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa is an award-winning private members club, hotel, spa and wedding venue setting the bar for hospitality & leisure in Sussex.
We recognise that alongside customer service; presentation, cleanliness and functionality of our venue and equipment is absolutely key to our success and reputation of excellence. Wickwoods objective simply put is to be the best and the strategy to achieve this is to ensure we are always providing a consistent exceptional customer and staff experience.
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieve the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, AA rated (working towards Red Star rating).
We have an exciting opportunity for a Casual Receptionist to join our friendly team here at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa working one weekend day each week with overtime available during team holidays.
The successful candidate will receive full training with an opportunity to progress within the department as the business grows and be part of a great team.
Brief Over View Of Duties: As part of the Reception Department, you’ll be an integral member of the team providing high-end, personalised and memorable experiences for all clients.
· Deliver all services the required standard of excellence, as the first port of call for all clients entering the venue until their departure
· Answering phone calls in a courteous and professional manner with extensive knowledge about all areas of the venue
· Carrying out administrative tasks, making reservations, checking clients in and out of the hotel, answering all incoming calls
· Prepare, clean and maintain front of house and back of house areas to a high standard
· Ensure guests receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
· Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating members’ and guests needs
· Communicating all operational duties and feedback to Reception Manager
· Dealing with clients’ observations with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
· Motivate your team-mates to be the best they can be
· Upsell and cross-sell
Key attributes we are looking for;
· Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
· Do you have excellent attention to detail?
· Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
· Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
· Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
· Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills?
· Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
· Minimum 1 year experience in a Front of House position
· High standard of personal appearance & hygiene
· Professional & positive attitude at all times
· Excellent attention to detail
· Flexibility with shift times/availability
· Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential
Excellent Package on Offer:
· Competitive Salary
· Paid holiday (pro rata)
· Birthday and Employment Anniversary gift
· Paid break
· Free parking
· Free meal on duty
· All expenses paid Christmas party and summer social
· Genuine investment in your personal development
Once passed probation;
· Discount on membership, treatments, spa products, club event tickets, food & drink
· Staff quarterly bonus
· Access to gym and classes (subject to availability)
Accolades and awards we have secured in the past few years:
· 1 AA rosette - Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 22
· AA Silver Star rated 2022– working towards Red Star rating.
· Spa of the Year 2017 - 2019 (Sussex Life)
· Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019
To view our latest video showcasing the venue please visit https://www.wickwoods.co.uk/tour/
If you would like to join our Red Star journey to the top, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
If you would like to join our journey to the top, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Jasmine via firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering email and your CV if available. Please note your own transport is essential due to our location.