40-45 Hours Per Week, Including Evenings and Weekends
£28-£35K Per Annum PLUS discretionary bonus and perks
Weddings & Events Sales Manager
About us: Feel truly valued and fulfilled working with a great team delivering high quality client experience for members, hotel guests, diners, wedding guests and spa clients.
Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa looking for an experienced Wedding & Events Sales Manager with excellent sales and organisational skills.
Alongside high-end boutique membership, dining and spa experiences, we deliver weddings, celebrations and club social events on a weekly basis.
We pride ourselves on upholding strong team cultural values which help to create and a consistently exceptional team and client experience.
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location and operating hours, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieved the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, Silver Star AA rated (working towards Red Star rating).
-Generate & manage enquiry leads to optimise bookings for events / weddings
-Host client tours and meetings, provide quotation and secure bookings
-Provide accurate monthly reports to Senior Management Team
-Provide detailed hand over to F&B Management to deliver the event
-Work with Senior Management Team to develop and drive department strategy, offering, standard and procedures
-Proactively plans marketing strategy and promotions to ensure an optimised calendar of events that fits ideal client profile and reaches department revenue and GP targets
-Responsible for the training, mentoring and development of Wedding & Events Co-ordinator
-Periodically acts as Duty Manager during events
-Assisting with logistical ordering and stock control
-Using a hands on approach to ensure clients receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
-Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating clients needs
-Dealing with clients’ and team members' observations/feedback with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
-Demonstrate flexibility with shift patterns in line with the business needs
Experience & Skills
-Proven track record of 5+ years’ experience in Wedding & Events Sales Management
-Natural salesperson, ambitious, self-motivated and proactive
-Ability to work unsupervised and willingness to be accountable for the performance of the Wedding & Event Sales department
-Exceptional attention to detail and effective prioritising of workload is essential
-Excellent verbal, organisational and communication skills
-Excellent leadership and motivational skills
-Professional attitude at all times
-Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met
-Personal Licence, Food Hygiene, First Aid and Fire Safety qualifications preferred but not essential
Key attributes we are looking for;
· Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
· Do you have excellent attention to detail?
· Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
· Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & are trustworthy?
· Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
· Do you have a proven track record demonstrating excellent leadership skills?
· Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
· Are you exicited by the prospect of being part of an expanding business and to join us on our Red Star journey to the top?
Candidates must own their own car as driving is essential to our rural location, 15 minutes north of Brighton just outside of Henfield. Free parking is available onsite.
· Competitive Salary plus discretionary bonuses and perks
· 28 days holiday (Pro rata)
· Paid breaks
· Freshly made meals on duty
· Nest pension scheme
· All expenses paid Christmas party, motivational talks and summer social
· Genuine investment in your personal development
· Access to our Leadership Development programme
· Discounts on membership, treatments, club event tickets, food & drink
· Access to gym and exercise classes during off-peak periods
· Extended leave programme (2+ years of service)
Awards & accolades we have secured in the past few years:
· AA Silver Star Rating 2021-2022 – working towards Red Star rating
· 1 AA rosette – Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 22
· Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 (Sussex Life)
· Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019
If you demonstrate a passion for great customer service and seek a job that provides a wonderful environment in which each team member is valued and provided with career development opportunities, then we would be delighted to hear from you. To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org