Salary: £9-£10 per hour PLUS tips
Kitchen Assistant / Porter
About us: Currently The Food & Beverage Department offers a variety of different dining environments and services, notably The award-winning Glass House Restaurant, Members Bar & Lounge, Terraces, Wedding & Events and Takeaways. Wickwoods’ private members’ facilities also include newly built/refurbished indoor & outdoor hydro-pools, sauna, steam room, bio sauna, swimming pools, hotel accommodation, award-winning treatments, sports injury clinic, and beautiful gardens. There is also a newly fitted gym, 3 exercise studios and 8 multi-surface tennis courts, along with confirmed plans to develop luxury woodland lodge accommodation.
Wickwoods objective simply put is to be the best and the strategy to achieve this is to ensure we are always providing a consistent exceptional customer and staff experience.
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieve the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, AA rated (working towards Red Star rating).
Brief overview: Wickwoods Country Club recognises the importance of a good kitchen porter to help the kitchen run smoothly. We are in search of an experienced and reliable kitchen porter with a positive and friendly ‘can do’ attitude to work with our friendly kitchen team.
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive hourly wage relative to your experience
- Up to 40 hrs pw
- Share of tips
- Free parking on site
- One free meal on duty
- All expenses paid Christmas party and summer social
- Birthday and employment anniversary gift
- Paid break
- Discount on membership, treatments, club event tickets, food & drink (passed probation)
- Staff quarterly bonus (passed probation)
- Access to some facilities (passed probation)
- Extended leave programme (2+ years of service)
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out in an efficient manner
- Collect and wash up pots and pans
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment as well as crockery and cutlery
- Unload food and equipment deliveries and rotate stock
- Keep the Back of House & store rooms organised
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
- Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
- Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
- Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
- Must own a car due to our rural location / no live in accommodation is available.
Job types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Contract
Salary: £9.00- £10.00 per hour
How to apply:
If you would like to join our journey to the top, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Jasmine Green via email@example.com with a covering email and your CV, references will also be required. Please note your own transport is essential due to our location.