Salary: £10.42-£11 per hour PLUS tips and perks
Kitchen Assistant / Porter
About us: Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa is a high-end boutique venue and private members' club. Currently The Food & Beverage Department offers a variety of different dining environments and services, notably The award-winning Glass House Restaurant, Members Bar & Lounge, Terraces, Wedding & Events. Wickwoods’ private members’ facilities also include newly built/refurbished indoor & outdoor hydro-pools, sauna, steam room, bio sauna, swimming pools, hotel accommodation, award-winning treatments, sports injury clinic, and beautiful gardens. There is also a newly fitted gym, 3 exercise studios, spa garden and 8 multi-surface tennis courts. We are proud to have recently joined the David Lloyd Clubs family and are excited in the future investment and development opportunities, to further enhance our high-end boutique venue!
Location: Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential.
Awards: We have achieved the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 22, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, AA rated (aspiring towards Red Star rating and acquiring additional Rosettes).
Kitchen Porter/Assistant Required up to 35 hours per week £10.42-£11 per hour PLUS tips, perks and more!
Shifts include a variety of daytimes, evenings and weekends.
Brief overview: Wickwoods Country Club recognises the importance of a good kitchen porter to help the kitchen run smoothly. We are in search of an experienced and reliable kitchen porter with a positive and friendly ‘can do’ attitude to work with our friendly kitchen team.
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive hourly wage relative to your experience
- Up to 35 hrs pw
- Free Club Membership* for you and your family
- Discounts on products such as Swimming/Tennis Lessons and Personal Training
- Unlimited 50% discount on food and drinks
- No split shifts
- Share of tips
- Free parking on site
- One free meal on duty
- All expenses paid Christmas party and summer social
- Birthday and employment anniversary gift
- Paid break
- Discount on club event tickets, spa treatments and spa products
- Extended leave programme (2+ years of service)
- Wagestream App allowing you to be paid on demand
- Life Assurance and Employee Advice Line
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out in an efficient manner
- Collect and wash up pots and pans
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment as well as crockery and cutlery
- Unload food and equipment deliveries and rotate stock
- Keep the Back of House & store rooms organised
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised
- To clean and close down the kitchen, ensuring all equipment is switched off
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
- Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
- Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
- Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
- Must own a car due to our rural location / no live in accommodation is available.
Salary: £10.42-£11.00 per hour
How to apply:
If you would like to join our journey to the top, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Jasmine via email@example.com with a covering email and your CV, references will also be required. Please note your own transport is essential due to our location.
*At selected David Lloyd Clubs. T&Cs apply.