Salary: £9- £10 per hour PLUS tips, perks & free accommodation
Live-in couple jobs UK, West Sussex
Live-In Couple Food & Beverage Assistants / Waiters
About & Location: Having established a highly-renowned hospitality, lifestyle and leisure venue over the last 10 years, we are expanding and therefore seeking experienced live-in staff to join our incredible team. Our live-in team members benefit from their own self-contained mobile homes, with fully-fitted kitchen, bathroom, master bed, second bed / store and lounge. You will also have access to the gym, tennis courts and grounds.
Wickwoods located is in the South Downs National Park, a woodland countryside location just 15 minute drive to Brighton and 5 minutes from the villages of Henfield and Hurstpierpoint. Hassocks is the closest train station which is 12 minutes drive and offers direct lines to London, Brighton and Gatwick airport.
You'll be working in our Food & Beverage Department, offering a variety of different dining environments and services, notably our award-winning restaurant The Glass House, Members Bar & Lounge, terraces, wedding & events. Wickwoods’ private members’ facilities also include newly built/refurbished indoor & outdoor hydro-pools, sauna, steam room, bio sauna, swimming pools, hotel accommodation, award-winning treatments, sports injury clinic, and beautiful gardens. There is also a newly fitted gym, 3 exercise studios and 8 multi-surface tennis courts, along with confirmed plans to develop luxury woodland lodge accommodation.
Our success is driven by the genuine passion and dedication of our employees, and we recognise that each and every team member adds value and makes a difference to the team, clients and overall business. We believe that anyone can be a leader, no matter their role in the workplace. Self-development, personal responsibility and ultimately fulfilment are centred around all that we do, helping us to create a fun, challenging and rewarding work environment. Wickwoods objective simply put is to be the best and the strategy to achieve this is to ensure we are always providing a consistent exceptional customer and staff experience.
Awards: We have achieve the following awards and accolades: 1 AA rosette at The Glass House Restaurant 2017 – 21, Spa of the Year 2017 – 2019 by Sussex Life, Bridebook Gold Certificate of Excellence 2019, AA rated (working towards Red Star rating).
Brief overview of duties: As part of the Food & Beverage department, you’ll be an integral part of the team providing high-end, personalised and memorable dining experiences.
- Deliver all services the required standard of excellence
- Reaching and exceeding personal and departmental targets
- Prepare and maintain front of house and back of house areas to a high standard
- Ensure guests receive a positively unforgettable experience, resulting in repeat business and excellent reputation
- Create a welcoming atmosphere, anticipating members’ and guests’ needs
- Communicating all operational duties and feedback to Restaurant Manager
- Dealing with clients’ observations with a sympathetic, professional and proactive attitude
- Supporting the Restaurant Manager in the smooth running of each and every shift
- Motivate your team-mates to be the best they can be
- Upsell and cross-sell
- Assist should there be any overnight on-site emergencies
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Are you loyal, positive and hard working?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Do you want to set the bar in the industry, and be the best that you can be?
- Are you passionate about your career, are a team player & trustworthy?
- Do you have the insight and courage to recognise and work on your skill gaps, and help support others with theirs?
- Do you have excellent customer service and communication skills?
- Do you have good working relationships, rise to a challenge and adapt well to change?
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Front of House position
- High standard of personal appearance & hygiene
- Professional attitude at all times
- Whilst Wickwoods is an easy drive of 15/20 minutes from Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Worthing. Due to our location, your own transport is essential
Excellent package on offer:
- Private live-in accommodation at no charge
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday (Pro rata)
- Paid break
- Free parking
- Free meal on duty
- All expenses paid Christmas party and summer social
- Genuine investment in your personal development
- Discount on membership, treatments, club event tickets, food & drink (passed probation)
- Staff quarterly bonus (passed probation)
- Access to some facilities (passed probation)
Job type: full-time, permanent
Salary: £9-£10 per hour PLUS tips, perks and accommodation
How to apply:
If you would like to be part of our team please contact Jasmine Green via email@example.com with a covering email and your CV, references will also be required. Please note your own transport is essential due to our location.